Cleansing is such an underrated but very crucial part of the skincare routine. It sets everything in motion. If your skin’s not cleansed properly, don’t expect your other products to do their job well.
But I’m sure you already know that! And that’s why you came here to find a good gel cleanser. Chances are you also have oily or combination skin or you’re just someone who’s looking for something that won’t strip your skin off of its natural oils. So let’s go find your perfect match.
Are gel cleansers good?
But first, should you be opting for a gel cleanser in the first place? I say this all the time: Whether or not a product is good is personal. What may work for you may not work for others.
In general, though, gel cleansers are good for cleansing the face without leaving your skin feeling taut and parched.
Who are gel cleansers good for?
They’re great for most and all skin types but those with sensitive, acne-prone and oily skin will love them. They’re generally gentler than cream facial washes. So, if you’re looking for something more heavy-duty, you may want to consider other options.
Best gel cleansers in the Philippines
Sounds like a gel cleanser is the perfect match for your needs? Here are some of the best ones to try.
1. COSRX Low pH Good Morning Cleanser
This is one of the more popular gel cleansers on the market — and for good reason. It cleanses the skin of dirt and impurities while keeping its pH balanced.
2. QUICKFX Pimple Eraser Facial Gel Cleanser
Having trouble with pimples? Try this cleanser that’s enriched with tea tree oil and 1% salicylic acid. It also has soothing niacinamide.
3. PONDS Healthy Hydration Aloe Vera Hydrating Jelly Cleanser
Hydrate while you get rid of impurities with this gel cleanser that’s packed with aloe vera juice and vitamin B3. It’s also alcohol-free and paraben-free.
4. L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Gentle Gel Cleanser
This cleanser harnesses the power of hyaluronic acid in giving the skin hydration while effectively removing dirt and other particles.
5. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser
This soap-free and oil-free cleanser uses a Barriercare technology that removes dirt while keeping the skin’s barrier intact. It’s also enriched with hyaluronic acid for extra hydration.
6. Happy Skin Cica Makeup Removing Cleansing Gel
If you’re looking for something a bit more heavy-duty, this gel cleanser that claims to be able to get rid of makeup and other impurities may be the one for you. It’s also made with skin-nourishing ingredients such as centella asiatica, hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid.
7. Celeteque Hydration Facial Wash
This one’s basic — but that’s really all you need. It cleans the skin effectively while keeping it moisturized. It keeps the skin’s barrier intact too, thanks to its low pH level. You can read my full review here.
8. Klued 2% Salicylic Acid Gentle Cleanser
Clogged pores? This gel cleanser promises to address them with the help of salicylic acid. On top of that, it has nourishing and soothing ceramide, allantoin and zinc PCA to help keep your skin clear and bright.
9. OXECURE Acne Clear Facial Cleanser
Dealing with acne? Take this cleanser for a spin. It has 1.5 salicylic acid that fights against pimple-causing bacteria. But it promises to not be drying on the skin thanks to the oat amino micellar complex in its formula.
Looking for more cleansers? Check these out.
- These Cleansers Are Great for Combination Skin
- The Best Micellar Cleansers in the Philippines (Water, Milk and Cream)
- 11 Best Low pH Cleansers for Balanced and Clear Skin
- 10 Cleansers for Oily Skin in the Philippines That Keep Shine at Bay
- Benzoyl Peroxide Cleansers That Can Help With Your Breakouts
- 7 of the Best Facial Cleansers For Acne and Pimples in the Philippines
- These Cleansers for Sensitive Skin Promise To Be Gentle yet Effective
- The Best Facial Cleansers for Dry Skin You Can Get in the Philippines
Jorj is an editor by profession, a b/vlogger on weekends, and a wife to Yop and mom to Cadence always. She's powered by curiosity and is in the process of becoming her best self.