Not to make you panic or anything but your eyeliner can make or break your eye look.
But I know how tricky they can be to use. You have to know your eye shape well, and you also have to use the best type of eyeliner for your style and the look you’re going for.
There are so many options now on the market, but if you’re just starting out or if you’re looking for something that offers a bit more flexibility and is a bit more forgiving with novice enthusiasts, gel liners are the way to go.
What’s the difference between Kohl and gel eyeliner?
Kohl is used mostly to be smudged for a smokey look. It’s a bit softer than other liners, so its color can be diffused onto the lids. A gel product, on the other hand, can be used for smokey eye looks but it tends to be a bit stiffer or tougher for straight, opaque lines.
Which is better: gel or liquid eyeliner?
It all boils down to two things: preference and look. If you prefer gel, go right ahead! If you’re a liquid lady, love that for you.
In terms of which to use for certain looks, though, liquid liners fare better for makeup that’s a bit more polished. While gel liners can still give opaque lines, they tend to look a bit softer around the edges than liquid liners.
Gels are good for both polished and casual looks. They’re also quite versatile so you can wear them even for edgier styles. They come in a variety of colors and finishes too — some have glitter in them — so they’re great for just about any occasion you’d think to use them for. The best part? They stay on the entire day!
Best gel eyeliners in the Philippines
If you’re just starting to look for a liner or searching for one to add to your current stash, here are ones to consider.
1. ONE/SIZE Point Made Gel Eyeliner Pencil
2. KVD Beauty Tattoo Pencil Liner Waterproof Long-wear Gel Eyeliner
3. Natasha Denona Work & Set + Gel Eyeliner
4. Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen Eyeliner
5. Vice Anneganda All Day Gel Liner
6. Etude Proof 10 Gel Pencil
7. Strokes Slick Gel Eyeliner
8. blk cosmetics daydream waterproof gel liner
9. IN2IT Gel Stay Waterproof Gel Liner Pen
10. Generation Happy Skin Pretty Easy Budge-Proof Gel Eyeliner
11. MAC Colour Excess Gel Pencil
12. BYS Eyeliner Pencil Gel
13. Merzy The First Gel Eyeliner
14. INGLOT AMC Eyeliner Gel
15. KISSME Heroine Make Long Stay Sharp Gel Liner
More makeup stories? Check these out.
Jorj is an editor by profession, a b/vlogger on weekends, and a wife to Yop and mom to Cadence always. She's powered by curiosity and is in the process of becoming her best self.