Finding the best sunscreens for oily skin can be a bit of a challenge. Not all sun protection products provide the matte finish you like (and need)! This dilemma has caused many to forgo using sunscreen altogether. But I say you don’t need to be discouraged.
Why do you need a sunscreen?
First of all, sunscreen is a must. It’s one of the very few things you actually need in a skincare routine. It not only prevents your skin from burning but also helps it against sun damage and aging. It helps brighten light spots too!
How do you choose a sunscreen for oily skin?
You’d want the sunscreen to be hydrating but not oily — you already have an abundance of oils on your skin. You also want something that’s non-comedogenic since most oily-skinned peeps are also acne-prone. It’s more of a preference, of course, but you also want something lightweight.
Best sunscreens for oily skin in the Philippines
To help you with your search, here are some picks to consider!
1. Face Republic Purity Sunscreen Gel SPF 50+
This vegan, cruelty-free and reef-safe sunscreen is lightweight, which is great for oily skin. It’s water- and sweat-proof too!
2. Axis-Y Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen
Protect your skin while giving it a boost of hydration and brightening with this sunscreen that’s formulated with mugwort, 2% niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid.
3. QUICKFX Pimple Eraser Oil Free Sunscreen SPF 50+
This oil-free sunscreen is great for those with oily skin because it’s lightweight and gets absorbed quickly. On top of SPF, it also has tea tree oil and niacinamide that work well on acne-prone skin.
4. ANESSA Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Gel SPF50 PA++++
Wanna try Japan’s no. 1 sunscreen? This is it. But aside from that praise, this product has a unique technology that activates its sun-protecting factors when it comes in contact with sweat or water. It’s also lightweight and allergy-tested.
5. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF50
Dry-touch is the keyword you want to focus on here. This will keep your skin matte and clog-free while protecting it against UVA and UVB rays.
6. Supergoop! Mineral Mattescreen
This is a good sunscreen for oily skin because it’s oil-free and leaves the skin looking matte. It also helps minimize the look of pores.
7. Everyday Humans Rose From Above SPF35 Mineral Sunscreen Base
Need a little hint of tint? This one gives that while keeping your skin matte. It also has upcycled rose oil, plant squalane, ceramides and hyaluronic acid for extra hydration.
More sunscreen stories and reviews below.
- 7 Sunscreens With Niacinamide for Extra Protection Against Sun Damage
- Esfolio Sunscreen Review — A Reliable Daily SPF Cream?
- Fairy Skin Sunscreen Review — Is This TikTok-Famous Product Worth the Hype?
- These Sunscreens Are Perfect for Your Face — And Body
- Seoul White Korea Sunscreen Review – No-Fuss Protection
Jorj is an editor by profession, a b/vlogger on weekends, and a wife to Yop and mom to Cadence always. She's powered by curiosity and is in the process of becoming her best self.